I went down to the Historic Fifth Street School for the Vegas Valley Book Festival. I think I need to return one day to get some photos of the school without all the extracurricular activity going on. It's a pretty nice little piece of Vegas history.
The theme for the final day of the festival was "Feasting On Words." Chef Rick Moonen of RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay hosted a "Community Grill" with other local chefs. There were plenty of good eats. I especially enjoyed the French Toast with Chocolate, the Pumpkin Crême Brulée, and the Skewered Grilled Shrimp and Scallops.
I grabbed this chef list from the event web site.
- Mike Minor of Border Grill (Mandalay Bay)
- Megan Romano of Charlie Palmer Restaurant Group (Four Seasons and Aureole)
- Lorin Watada of Bachi Burger
- Jet Tila of Wazuzu (Encore)
- Sven Mede of American Fish by Michael Mina (Aria)
- Geno Bernardo of Nove Italiano (The Palms)
- Jean Paul Labadie of Marché Bacchus French Bistro & Wine Market
- Kuldeep Singh of Origin India Restaurant & Bar and Moonen
that burger looks goodReplyDelete
It was OK. I've been to Bachi Burger once. Although the food was good, it was a little pricey and the service was slooooow. But based on them being at this event, I might give them a second chance.ReplyDelete